Your dog’s Behavioral Analysis is free & includes at least 1 day of daycare.
Every daycare is different and we want to ensure we are the best fit for you and your dog. Our behavioral analyses follow the below routine to help us all learn about each other and decide if Pickles Playland is right for you and your dog(s).
- Before you arrive we will confirm your dog’s vaccines and clean fecal test. You don’t have to do anything apart from providing your dog’s veterinary hospital information.
- Time with a member of our Pickle Crew to go over any questions you may have.
- A walk through of the entire Playland, so you can feel comfortable knowing exactly where your dog is at all times. The only exceptions are B.A.s during daycare hours. We do not permit walk throughs because it is very disruptive for the other dogs. Dogs get excited when new people walk in which means that you walking in will disrupt the energy of the play groups. We can schedule a walk through with you for after hours or on the weekend.
- We gauge the personality of your dog then introduce them to 1 or 2 of our B.A. certified daycare or staff dogs to see what playgroup your dog might fit best with.
- You leave your dog with us for 30-60 minutes so we can get to know them and they can get to know us to see if we’re a good fit. At the end of the hour we call you with a report and upload photos on your profile. If your dog is doing well you are free to leave your dog for longer or come pick them up.
What might disqualify a dog from being a member?
- Aggression in any form. Unlike most daycares we do have toys and many beds for the dogs to play with and lounge on. So guarding of those is not something we allow. Also any other aggression towards other dogs or people is not permitted.
- Excessive barking. We understand some dogs are talkative and are happy to help teach your dog not to bark, but excessive barking disrupts the energy of all dogs visiting us.
- Lack of vaccines or titer testing and a negative fecal test from within the last year. We require: Rabies, Bordetella and Distemper vaccines or titer tests. The titer test is something used by people that don’t want to over vaccinate their dogs. You can find more information from PetMD here: Titer testing. We can call your veterinarian in advance to gain proof of vaccines & a fecal test or you can bring the proof with you.
- Symptoms of illness or fleas. Some dogs get anxious in new environments and that can cause some loose stool or vomiting of stomach acid. While your dog is with us we’ll closely monitor them for signs of illness. If your dog has fleas we will bathe them in a natural flea shampoo. If your dog show signs of illness we will quarantine them and may bring them home or to your veterinarian’s hospital for you (depending on what your prefer). If we transport your dog off the premises the transportation fee of $15 will apply. We would call you before transporting your dog anywhere.